HOW COME?

As of young age, I have always had a huge fascination for astronomy. At times, already an adult, I would devour the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Astronomy or gaze at the heavens at night to sense the depth of space. It did however not run down to an interest in the technology to get there, but merely the awe about all that is, how it came to be and how it works. 

I could have sat and regret my lack of mathematical abilities, but in practice I seemed to have developed a sensitivity for various areas of physics, like that of equilibrium, momentum and resistance. With this Fingerspitzengefühl I dared into the realm of astrophysics and quantum field theory. 

I am deeply amazed by the works of the great minds, that drove this area of science into the 21st century status quo. From all the ancient Greek philosophers, Galilei, Copernicus and Newton via Planck, Bohr, Einstein and Russel to Hawking, Greene, Higgs, Filippenko, DeGrasse Tyson, Rebecca Smethurst, Matt O'Dowd and many others, all these have me constantly hanging on their lips. 

My venture into the world of science takes me along a huge number of long and short videos which can be found on the internet, apart from loads of literature. But when I watch those videos, take in the knowledge presented, some postulations seem counterintuitive. Thinking about them, alternative images appear in my mind and it is these images that I wish to hand over to all those interested and all the revered scientists, to obtain their response as to why either the postulations ex ante or my images and thoughts, could be regarded as theoretically correct or as complete nonsense. 

Never will I pretend that my views must be better; I only seek the common goal of KNOWING, UNDERSTANDING and EDUCATING that we all do towards one another in the entire scientific community. In the blogitems on this site, the scientific basics are supposed readily present in the reader’s knowledge, so that an explanation of ‘Laniakea’ and ‘Planck-length’ are obsolete.

I truly wish you pleasure reading and please do not hesitate to send your comments; if in my humble opinion they are worth publishing, I will do so. And of course, I very much appreciate if experts on these subjects submit their views. Would you then please add your own brief ‘about me’?

<<

Comments